Dining Etiquette and Social Skills for Adults
Adult Dining Lesson at Sarabeth’s
Where: Sarabeth’s in TriBeCa
When: June 5th, 2013 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Cost: $150/person or $230/couple
Join us the first Wednesday of every month for a three-course refresher class on dining etiquette. Other topics will include toasting and wine etiquette, business lunch dos and don’ts, host and guest etiquette, and protocol for ordering, seating, paying and tipping.
HOW TO SHINE AT SOCIAL EVENTS
This hour-and-a-half seminar will prepare participants to face any business or social cocktail party, reception or networking event with confidence and poise. You will learn:
- How to Introduce Yourself and Others
- How to Shake Hands with Confidence
- How to Start a Conversation, Keep it Going and Gracefully Exit
- How to Project a Positive Image
- How to be Charming
- How to be a Savvy Host and Gracious Guest
- How to Gracefully Handle Food and Beverages
- The Protocol for Exchanging Business Cards
- How to Dress Appropriately for the Occasion
- The Importance of RSVPs and Thank-You Notes
THE ART OF THE MEAL:
SIMPLE ETIQUETTE FOR SIMPLY EVERYONE
If your social skills are up to par, but your dining skills are not, then this dining tutorial is for you.THE ETIQUETTE SCHOOL OF NEW YORK is now conducting dining tutorials for individuals and self-organized groups.
- Dining Dos and Don’ts
- Understanding Place Settings
- Taking Your Seat and Napkins
- Stemware and Beverages.
- The Bread Plate and How to Properly Eat Bread and Rolls
- Rules for Eating Soup
- Silverware Savvy
- Continental and American Dining
- Dealing with Unwanted Food
- Passing Food at the Table
- How to Eat Dessert with a Fork and Spoon
- Wine Etiquette and Protocol
- Toasting Etiquette
- Protocol for Ordering, Seating, Paying, and Tipping
You may now also schedule a private “Introduction to Table Manners and Dining Skills” tutorial at our office. For those who are uncomfortable with being instructed in a public setting, this is the perfect solution. You will be instructed in all topics outlined above, but no food will be served. The fee for a private one-on-one tutorial is $350.00 for one person. Included is a copy of Patricia Napier-Fitzpatrick’s new book, The Art of the Meal: Simple Etiquette for SImply Everyone.
Call 212-288-5413, or e-mail Patricia Napier-Fitzpatrick at email@example.com today to schedule an appointment.