Social Etiquette for Adults
Social Success Makeover Finishing School for Adults
Let us show you how you can become the best version of yourself so that you can achieve your goals, both personally and professionally!
Schedule a private appointment or attend one of our popular group classes.
THE ETIQUETTE SCHOOL OF NEW YORK’S “SOCIAL SUCCESS MAKEOVER– FINISHING SCHOOL
FOR ADULTS“ program is for anyone who wants to learn how to make positive first and lasting impressions, feel more comfortable in social situations, and polish his or her personal brand for personal and professional success.
Did you know that 85 percent of your job success is connected to your people or “soft” skills? Research studies have shown that 85% of success in getting a job, keeping a job, and moving up in an organization is due to people, or “soft” skills. Technical skills and knowledge account for 15%. The people or “soft” skills that will make you successful in your personal life are the same ones that will make you successful in your personal.
What does it take to be a social success? “I believe it takes presence, polish, exemplary decorum, a unique sense of style, a sensitive awareness of others, and, of course, impeccable manners,” says Patricia Napier-Fitzpatrick, founder and director of The Etiquette School of New York. Perfecting your social skills and personal style will change your life!
Did you know you have less than 30 seconds to make a good first impression? It’s true! The first impression is made in only seconds, and yet that impression may follow you indefinitely.In fact, according to Devora Zack, author of Networking for People Who Hate Networking, it takes 200 times the information to undo a first impression than it takes to make one.
All power is based on perception. If you think you’ve got it, then you’ve got it. If you think you don’t have it, even if you have it, then you don’t have it. -Herb Cohen, Author “You Can Negotiate Anything”
Attitude is everything! Having the right attitude is an essential prerequisite for success. Attitude begins on the inside and shows on the outside in your body language. Do you know what your image is saying about you? You are your most valuable asset. The way you treat yourself is the way others will treat you. If you have a positive attitude about yourself and others, it will be evident in the way you carry yourself and the tone of your voice. People “buy” optimists because they enjoy their company. The sooner you know what you want, and which is the best attitude to get it, the sooner you will get it!
The SOCIAL SUCCESS MAKEOVER-FINISHING SCHOOL FOR ADUTLS will show you how to make a memorable and positive first and lasting impression; and, it will equip you with the essential etiquette and protocol knowledge and refined social skills necessary to polish your personal brand and acquire more confidence in social situations, enabling you to consistently present yourself at your personal and professional best.
Upon completion of this dynamic and empowering program, you will have the confidence and personal presentation to make a great first and lasting impression and be skillfully polished in your interactions with others.
Are you ready to become the best version of yourself?
SOCIAL SUCCESS MAKEOVER FINISHING SCHOOL FOR ADULTS
You may schedule one, or all of the workshops in the program.
The workshops cover the topics noted below, as well as many more:
I. FIRST IMPRESSIONS AND SELF-PRESENTATION WORKSHOP
- First Impressions: Written, Verbal and In-Person
- Appearance and Image
- Attitude is Everything!
- Body Language: Professional and Social
- How to Create a Positive Vocal Image
- Carriage/Posture: How to Exude Poise and Confidence
- Greetings: Introducing Yourself and Others
- How to Make Eye Contact and Shake Hands
- How to Make an Entrance and Stand Out from the Crowd
- Master the Art of Networking
- Basic Everyday Out-and-About Manners
II. PERSONAL STYLE AND YOUR WARDROBE WORKSHOP
- How to Develop Your Own Personal Style
- Your Personal Style Evaluation
- How to Identify Your Bodyline
- How your Bodyline (shape of face and body) Guides Your Style/Wardrobe Choices
- What Colors are Best for You?
- How to Dress to Achieve Your Goals
- Impression Management–Your Business Wardrobe
- Personal Style, Wardrobe and Shopping Tips
- The Importance of Impeccable Grooming
- What is Your Hairstyle and Makeup Saying About You?
- Why Quality is More Important than Quantity
- How Your Accessories Speak Volumes About You
- How to Dress Appropriately and Stylishly for all Occasions
III. CONVERSATION AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS WORKSHOP
- Basic Conversation Principles
- The Art of Instant Rapport
- Your Fifteen-Second Self-Introduction
- How to Initiate and Gracefully End Conversations
- The Art of Small Talk
- How to Enter Group Conversations
- How to Remember Names
- Charm-The Ultimate Social Tool
- How to Be an Effective Communicator
- Social Networking Dos and Don’ts
- Telephone and Cell-Phone Etiquette
- Written Communications: Thank-You Notes and E-Mails
IV. DINING SKILLS, TABLE MANNERS AND COCKTAIL PARTY ETIQUETTE WORKSHOP
- World-Class Dining Dos and Don’ts
- Visual Dining Tutorial
- Styles of Eating: American, Continental and Asian
- Silverware Savvy
- Taking Your Seat and Napkins
- How to Look Polished and Professional Entertaining in a Restaurant
- Host and Guest of Honor Duties
- Wine Tasting and Ordering
- Toasting and Tipping
- How to Handles Cocktail Utensils
- Cocktail Party Etiquette Dos and Dont’s
Group Class: Social Success Makeover-One-Day Finishing School for Adults
- All four workshops in the “Social Success Makeover” Program
- 100 Pages of instructive material
- 4-Course lunch
Next Group Class: Saturday, September 21, 2013
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Fee: $ 575.00
2013 Group Class Schedule:
Remaining group classes in 2013: Saturday, September 21; Saturday, November 9, 2013.
Private Class: Social Success Makeover -One-Day Finishing School
Presence, Polish, Decorum, and Style
- All four workshops in the “Social Success Makeover” Program
- 100 pages of instructive material.
- 4-course lunch at Upper East Side restaurant.
Group rates available.
Schedule a private session or organize a group class:
Our four-session “SOCIAL SUCCESS MAKEOVER–FINISHING SCHOOL FOR ADULTS”– may be booked for private groups. For more information, call 212-288-5413, or e-mail Patricia Napier-Fitzpatrick at email@example.com.
Train -the-Trainer Program
Become certified to teach The Etiquette School of New York’s trademarked, in-demand “Social Success Makeover-Finishing School for Adults” program. This two-day training program is only offered to individuals on a private, one-on-one basis in Manhattan. For more information, please e-mail Patricia Napier-Fitzpatrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-288-5413.
Thank you for the well-informed class. It helped me brush up on my dining manners, networking skills, and I also learned a great deal about business and personal dressing in accordance with my body type and coloring. - Social Success Makeover Client
I have been putting your sayings into practive whenever I can. I feel much more confident and the conversations are much more fluid. Sometimes the social cross professioinal rules doesn’t feel so black and white, but it definitely helps to know myself what they are, when the occasion arises. - Social Success Makeover Client
Thank you for the wonderful course on Saturday. I had so much fun and learned invaluable things to become successful in life. I truly appreciate your time and your effort to make the class very imformative, interactive and enjoyable. I will treasure for life the memories and knowledge that I acquired during my training with you. -Social Success Makeover Client
Thank you so much for your class. I will cherish these learnings and they will certainly hold me in good stead in times to come. I look forward to seeing you in India and hope to stay in touch. -S0cial Success Makeover Client